Who Are We?
How to Join
Letters to the Editor
Programs, Projects, & Activities Report
Supreme Court Amicus Brief RE: Stolen Valor
Corporate/Organization Liaison Representatives List
Military/Veterans Association Liaison Representatives List
Military/Veterans Association Events List
TFGON Members Directory
Flag & General Officers Biographies
Flag/General Officers Selection/Promotion/Orders Lists
Programs, Projects, & Special Activities
Rear Admiral Chuck McGrail Scholarship Program
Newsletters & eNewsletters
How to Join
The Flag & General Officers' Network (TFGON) is a war veteranís organization that welcomes into membership all flag and general officers of the U. S. Armed Forces [Pay Grade O-7 and above in the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, Coast Guard and their Reserve and Guard components, active duty or retired]. TFGON is operated by Flag and General Officers for Flag and General Officers.
War Veterans (as the term is defined by the Internal Revenue Service) means persons, whether or not present members of the Armed forces, who have served in the United States Armed Forces during a period of war, with those periods specified by the Internal Revenue Service as:
- April 21, 1898 through July 4, 1902;
- April 6, 1917 through November 11, 1918;
- December 7, 1941 through December 31, 1946;
- June 27, 1950 through January 31, 1955;
- February 28, 1961 through May 7, 1975, in the case of a veteran who served in the Republic of Vietnam during that period;
- August 5, 1964 through May 7, 1975;
- August 2, 1990 and ending on the date prescribed by Presidential Proclamation or by law
(Cadets who are students in a college or university R.O.T.C. or at an Armed Services academy, or spouses, widows, widowers, ancestors, or lineal descendants of veterans or cadets also may be eligible for membership under certain circumstances).
There are no membership dues but contributions are always welcome to help defray the cost of providing services, support, and programs to our members and the community.
To become a member, please follow the steps below:
- Send an e-mail to RADMCarey@aol.com requesting membership and indicate:
- E-mail______________________ Phone _________________
- Rank (or pay grade) __________________________________
- Branch of service ____________________________________
- Dates of service _____________________________________
- Status (active or retired) _______________________________
- IRS rules and the TFGON by-laws require that a copy of the document that supports your military service accompany each application. A copy of documentation will be retained on file for future reference only and will not be used for other purposes. Accordingly, please mail a copy of the following to: The Flag and General Officerís Network (TFGON), 6022 Knights Ridge Way, Alexandria, VA 22310-1635, or fax a copy of the application and supporting document to 703-995-0655.
DD214 __ DD215 __ WD AGO 53-55 __ General Orders __
Letter of Transmittal __
- By submitting the above information electronically and by document, applicants certify that they meet the requirements for membership as described above.
- Go to the TFGON website at www.FlagAndGeneralOfficersNetwork.org and sign up for TFGON's Newsletter. This is an automated system that is managed separately from our e-mail notification database and ensures you receive the newsletter.
On behalf of your fellow flag and general officer shipmates and comrades, "Welcome Aboard."
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Payments for services provided to members cannot be deducted as charitable contributions according to the Internal Revenue Code. Fraudulent or altered documents constitute automatic denial of membership and are a violation of Federal law that may result in prosecution and/or fine or imprisonment.
TFGON Networking Talking Points Paper for use with Military Flag/General Officer Transition Courses, Organizations, and Association
Rear Admiral [Ret.]
Board Member &
Board Member &
Board Member &
Brigadier General [Ret.]
Board Member: USAF
Major General [Ret.]
Board Member: USCG
Treasurer & Board Member